My Followers

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

U Rock Playing Basketball

Hello Everyone!

Popping in to share a birthday card I made for a
coworker's boyfriend who loves basketball
and whose favorite color is blue.

It is always a challenge for me to make cards for men/boys,
but I enjoy the task and hope the recipient likes the result.


The digi image is a freebie from Playing basketball digi from Dibujos.
I have colored it with my usual Distress Inks.


Since it's a masculine card, I used die cuts and embossing for embellishments. 
The rusty orange and mustard yellow paper provides contrast
and brings the focal image forward. 

Stencil ~ The Crafter's Workshop The Story 6x6
Designer paper ~ Maja Design Life by the Sea, and Stampi'Up
Dies & punches ~ Die-namics, Go Kreate, La La Land Crafts, 
Stampin'Up and Tim Holtz by Sizzix


Thanks so much for visiting my blog and 
wish you a lovely day!

Hugs,
Katie 

2 comments:

Janine Vegter said...

awesome

Alexandra♥ said...

Hello dear Katie, sorry for my absence here on your blog. I was feeling unwell. Hopefully recovering now and popping in to get updated on your gorgeous makes, a few of which I saw online, thanks to Facebook :)

I cannot understand how making a men's card can be challenging for you, at least the result doesn't show that :) fabulous card! Love it!


Hugs,
Alexandra